w e l c o m e t o o u r w e b s i t e and Welcome To Our Church
And he would answer and say to them, “The man who has two tunics is to share with him who has none; and he who has food is to do likewise.” – Luke 3:11 (NASB)
First United Methodist Church – Johnson City is beginning a community-wide outreach ministry this fall with the objective of providing new or “nearly new” winter coats, jackets, gloves and mittens to the residents of the area in need of outerwear. An appeal is going out to all members of First United Methodist Church to request donations of any coats and jackets, of all sizes, for all ages (infants to adults) in “excellent” or “very good” condition.
• Home Trust Bank –Main Office on N. Roan Street- near Mall (large box in main lobby).
• First United Methodist Church -900 Spring Street (Main Office)
• Pick-up of coat donations is also available from your location. Call the church office (928-9222) or Steve Gross (647-7270)
Distribution of Donated Outerwear:
• Saturday, October 31, 2015 (9:00-12:00 noon)
• First United Methodist Church Neighborhood Center
An upper level room in the Neighborhood Center is being outfitted with closet rods, etc. in anticipation of the coat distribution. To ensure the success of this event, please consider volunteering:
• Pick up coats from drop-off sites and bring to Neighborhood Center.
• Place flyers with date, time and location of coat distribution in identified neighborhoods and locations.
• Sort and organize coats by gender, size, etc.
• Assist on October 31 with distribution.
Staff Pastor Parrish Relations Committee members are pleased to welcome Bree Nelson as the Interim Children's Director. Bree is a native of Johnson City and graduated from University School. She received her undergrad in Child Psychology from ETSU and most recently her Masters in Counseling from ETSU. Bree was a Children's Director for FUMC Bristol for two years before she began working in mental health. Bree is married to Andy Nelson who is the Finance Director at Munsey Memorial. Bree and Andy have two daughters. Avery is in 3rd grade at South Side and Elliot is a Purple Koala at the ELC. Bree has volunteered with the children's program since she joined the church a little over two years ago and is excited about being the Interim Children's Director and watching the ministry grow!
Explore QuickLinks to our Favorite Pages (including online giving):